You have 0 product(s) in your cart.
DIVELINE PADI Advanced Open Water
Exploration, Excitement, Experiences. They're what the DIVELINE PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is all about. And no, you don't have to be “advanced” to take it – it's designed so you can go straight into it after the PADI Open Water Diver course.
The DIVLELINE PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course gives you the perfect opportunity to gain additional diving experience and confidence under the watchful eye of one of our experienced instructors. This is a great way to enhance your skills and learn some new ones. Successful completion allows you to dive to 30 metres.
Certified as an open water diver
- A PADI Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organisation)
- Minimum 15 years old (12 for Junior Advanced Open Water Diver)
- Diver medical check highly recommended. Required if over 45 years of age, or if you answer yes to any question on your signed medical disclaimer. For registered doctors see the list at SPUMS.
- Your own mask, snorkel, boots and fins (available to students at discounted prices)
PADI Advanced Open Water Course consists of 5 adventure dives usually run over one weekend with a maximum of four participants per instructor. Your adventures include the mandatory Deep and Navigation dives and Peak Performance, Night and Wreck as the others. Boat and Drift Diver dives are studied as backups, if for some reason Night or Wreck dives cannot be completed.
What you Learn
The knowledge and skills you get in the Advanced Open Water Diver course vary with your interest and the adventures you have, but include:
- Practical aspects of deep diving
- Physiological effects of deeper scuba diving
- More ways to use your underwater compass
- How to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time
- How to better use your dive computer
- And much, much more
- PADI Qualified & Experienced Instructors
- All Scuba Equipment (where required) including BCD, Regulator, Computer, Cylinder, Weights, Air Fills
- PADI Advanced E-learning material
- 3 x Shore Dives and 2 x Boat Dives
- PADI E-Certification Card, accepted around the world and a life-long licence
Weekends Private one-on-one training available at $985.00. All course details as above.
Optional Extra—Enriched Air $250 per student:
Add on an Enriched Air (Nitrox) course (normal course fee $350) to learn how to extend your no-decompression time and stay down longer with a higher oxygen concentration. Refer to Enriched Air course for further information.
Your Next Adventure
After you've tried a specialty in the Advanced Open Water Diver course, you'll probably want to take your Diveline PADI Rescue Course or a Specialty Course and learn more.
For more information about this or other PADI courses have a chat with one of the DIVELINE SCUBA CENTRE Team members.